tisdag 16 februari 2021

Salt and vinegar

the year wore 2011 and i thought i wore in heaven 
the place wore england and the location wore brighton
but a decade and a life time full of broken hearts 
you became an ghost , a past and a pillow that is wet 
something sugar sweet became salt and vinegar 
those friendly people once met have somehow me , forget
but somehow i like to be there ,  at the inn at the presence of him
but mostly because it felt like heaven sent and this with Brexit 
made me panic , will i ever go back to the my salt and vinegar 
streets that is the key signature in the crisps , in those lips 
and even my home is in Sweden , i always felt more British
i decided to go abroad , leave home to be someone 
but you followed me all over the place 
yeah  the thing with England is you kinda hard to replace
i wore standing in the airport , gave him my passport 
somehow i comeback even though i though we had a fell out 
over something bullshit and i know i am an handful 
but i kinda guess i am a bit of a mouthful 
and i am grateful for all this stories at the inn
because you made the poems begin 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar